With the evolution of web applications and availability of free resources in the internet, many have already fallen victim to web design mishaps just to save money from web designing agencies.
Free stuff may be good for you and your budget, but these free themes or designs are limited in their functionality; therefore, your website will continue to lack substance and use for its visitors. Did you just purchase your web design for a small fee? Over time, these small, cheap expenses in web design will pile up and will turn out to be one of the biggest financial mistakes you ever made. Read more about internet marketing companies las vegas.
Why play it safe when you can just hire a good web design team here in Sacramento? If you’re looking for a web design company, be sure to keep this handy list of questions that can help you determine if that company can truly deliver what they promise:
- Do you have a portfolio?
– This is one of the important questions you should ask a web design company. Check their web design portfolio and see if they can offer what you truly need for your website. Also, this measures their knowledge in different types of web designs.
- How long have you been in business?
– Experience will speak for itself. Web design companies like LOJO Group have been in the business for years, and is trusted by fellow Sacramento companies for their web design. A customer’s experience will tell you how professional and trustworthy a company is.
- Do you actually do the designs?
– Some companies outsource their design projects; expect that changes to the design will take some time, especially if their design team resides on the other part of the globe. If you prefer to have continuous development with your project, consult a Sacramento web design company with an in-house team of designers.
- What is your average turnaround time per project?
– Being able to deliver on time as promised is something we all expect from the people we hire. Knowing their capability to react to crunch time is an imperative, especially if you’re in a hurry to get things started for your branding. As they say, know what to expect; ask questions!
- What other services do you offer?
– Some firms only offer web design in general. Companies like LOJO Sacramento offers not only web design services, but also web development and marketing services as well. Knowing that your chosen web design company is knowledgeable in all facets of internet marketing is a plus, since they will surely apply different aspects of internet marketing in you web design.
- Do you charge hourly, or by project?
– Some people prefer to pay hourly, while some prefer to pay after the project has been completed. It is entirely up to you and your budget if you would like to pay per hour or after the completion of the web design.
- Are your designs suited for any type of browser or operating system?
– Different web browsers and operating systems are factors you have to consider in coming up for a web design. Ask your web design company if their design works across multi-platforms; this will definitely save you money from redesigning again and again.
- Would my site be mobile-friendly, too?
– Mobile search and web browsing is continuously rising as more and more people gain access to mobile devices that simplifies their connectivity to the Internet. This is definitely an important question, since you may opt for a responsive theme instead.
- Can you handle different types of web design for different functionalities?
– Some website designs are proper for blogs, others are suited for e-commerce. Determine if your chosen web design company is well-versed in creating different web designs for different functionalities.
- Will you provide a Content Management System?
– Oftentimes, content is neglected in the process of web design. Your website theme might look good, but the way it displays your content is another factor you would like to consider asking your Sacramento web designer. Ask if they will provide an easy-to-use, customizable CMS that can help you add elements to your website without too much hassle.
- Are you comfortable working with designs involving different types of content?
– And if they do provide a CMS for your site, ask them if the design they make would be able to cater to different types of content post, whether be it a simple blog post, a post with a poll, videos, slideshows, etc. The idea is that they should create a web design for your site that will effortlessly blend in with your content, thus enhancing user experience in your website.
- Is there anything you need from me for the web design?
– This may be an obvious, silly question, but inexperienced web design companies will miss this question. For those who know their way in web designing, a questionnaire or a client interview is a good method to collate data related to the website. In this process, your chosen web design specialist should ask you not just about your logo, but also about your company as well.
- Is it OK to add design changes later?
– Of course, the first draft of design will not be as you expect, and there will be changes in the future. Ask your web designer if they allow design changes after reviewing their draft.
- Who should I talk to for changes?
– Some web design companies have their own project manager, or web design team leader whom you can approach for any changes in the design. Although project managers may take long before they respond back, it is important you know who to talk to in order to convey what you want for your designs. Communication during web design development is important to avoid wasting resources and time.
Post Design Stage
- Is there a way for me to change things in the future?
– After the design is complete, there may be some functionalities you may want to add or remove in the future. Ask your web designer company if your design can be edited easily to add or remove changes in the future.
- Do you offer a maintenance period or after-sales support?
– Not all web designs are perfect, and you have to expect to see some flaws right here and there; ask if your Sacramento web design team offers after-sales support. This also includes an orientation as to how to properly use the site, and how to address additional problems in the long run.
- Who owns the rights to the files used in my site?
– File copyright should belong to you, as the owner of the website. They may ask your permission to file your site in their portfolio, but all of your files should be under your ownership as part of the trade. You should also ask for a backup of all the files used in creating your web design, for future use, should you want to continue or hire a better web design company.