More and more people are using their smartphones to check the Internet and stay connected.
This means that the faster your business adapts to this rapidly growing segment of the market, the more benefits you will reap and the more success you will enjoy.
Now that the Internet is available across all platforms, your website should be easily accessible to users through all sorts of different devices — if you’re looking for a Sacramento Web Design team, they should be knowledgeable not only in desktop web design, but also in mobile design—smartphone and tablet— as well.
The following are the six rules you should keep in mind to keep your site optimized for mobile users.
- Make sure you know your target audience. Thanks to tools such as Google Analytics, it is now easier than ever to track almost any data and use it to make major improvements on your business. When it comes to creating a design for your mobile audience, you should not be satisfied with coming up with a one-size-fits-all type of solution.Using your Analytics report is a great way to identify what devices your visitors are using the most, as this allows you to come up with a better design for that specific platform. Of course, you should still make sure that your website can be visited by any device.
- Mobile websites will not always have the same functionalities as a full website. This is why Sacramento web designers need to be aware of what the visitors are looking for when visiting a website and then make sure it is easily accessible. Make sure you know that the information they are looking for is prominently featured and easy to tap on the touchscreen. If you are able to make all of the pages your audience wants to see, such as ordering options or a shopping cart, easy to find and navigate through, then you’ll be creating a great Sacramento web design experience for your mobile users.
- Remember that your users are going to be using their fingers to touch the screen of their phone in order to find their way through your site. In order for users to have an easier browsing experience, you should try and incorporate larger buttons and links that can be effortlessly tapped with a finger. Don’t forget to leave enough whitespace between links so that your users don’t have any problems trying to tap on one of them and so that they are able to scroll around your website’s page without accidentally clicking on links.
- When creating a website, your goal is to create a web design that is attractive to the eye and user friendly. When it comes to designing a mobile website, your goal is not to impress your visitors with amazing design and graphics, but to help them navigate through your site easily without having to worry about long loading times. Be careful when planning the design of your mobile website; it shouldn’t include everything on your regular Sacramento web design, only the most important aspects of it. It is also important that your site does not become too generic and that it maintains a certain distinction.
- While you may have many layout options when designing a website for desktop users, with mobile you really have one option if you want the design to remain easy to navigate. Try to stick with a single column for best results, as multiple columns can be annoying to your user.
- One of the best parts about mobile users is that they are very open to the idea of sharing on their social media feeds. This is great news for you and you should be taking advantage of the situation if you can make your design in a way that lets mobile visitors easily share what they find interesting on social media, thus getting your site more exposure.
If your company wants to stay relevant in the online community, you must learn to cater to the needs of the growing mobile phone community. Making your website mobile friendly has become a priority in today’s market.
If you are looking for a Sacramento web design expert to take your site to the next level, don’t hesitate to call LOJO Group today!