A list of helpful questions to ask when interviewing a Sacramento web design firm
Now that you have decided to take the next step with your business by hiring a professional Sacramento web design firm, it’s time to start narrowing down all the potential options and one of the most effective ways to find the best match for your company is with the formal interview process.
An interview can be an especially helpful tool when you’re looking to hire a web design team because it gives you the opportunity to learn what their services can provide for your business. More importantly though, an interview allows you to ask all the right questions of your potential Sacramento web design firm, face to face.
We want your business to find and hire the web designer who has the professional experience to meet whatever your online marketing needs are, and to help you do that, we have put together a checklist of the questions you should be asking when interviewing a Sacramento web design firm:
Questions to ask during the interview:
- What are the approaches you take to a new design project?
- Are you familiar with our brand; have you seen our current website? (if you have one)
- How does your web design firm go about their creative process for a new website? What are some of the questions you ask of a new client?
- Are there sites which stand out to you as especially well designed and maintained? Why?
- How have you dealt with situations where you disagreed with a design or vision of a fellow team member, or even your client?
- Do you keep yourself updated of all new online marketing trends?
- Who is doing the actual coding and developing of the site itself?
Questions to consider when reviewing the resume of a web design firm:
Look through the resume of the Sacramento web design firm to find a few projects you like, and ask them specific questions related to those projects; questions like:
- What are some elements of this design that you like/dislike, and why? What are some improvements that could be made to this design, and what are it’s strengths?
- Do you have experience designing for businesses in multiple industries, with different target audiences?
- Are you comfortable working on more than one platform, and do you have experience with various design applications
Questions to ask when looking at the portfolio of a web design firm:
- Is there a web design project that you are especially proud of being a part of? What contributions did you inspire?
- Don’t hesitate to ask for references once you are in the interview process with a Sacramento web design firm
- Also don’t be afraid to ask tough questions about budgetary concerns, such as what the web designer would do (or has done) when a project went over budget?
Above all, your interview with any Sacramento web design firm should be about discerning whether or not they have the experience, professionalism, and resources to meet the demands of your business. Our team at LOJO would love to chat with you about how our web design firm can create a unique website tailored to your business needs and goals, so feel free to give us a call today!
Written by Cassandra Sohn