The Bitnami is a one-click install solution for a full spectrum of development stacks, server applications, and infrastructure apps.
The Bitnami is a one-click install solution for a full spectrum of development stacks, server applications, and infrastructure apps. However, it is most frequently used to bundle every software needed to run WordPress, which is currently the most popular web publishing platform for blog and website creation.
WordPress accounts for 50-60% of the global content management system and powers 32% of the Internet, making it the most popular CMS over the last seven years.
Table of Contents
Aside from WordPress, you can also integrate the solution with a wide range of tools such as Amazon EC2 , Azure Stack, VMware vSphere, HP Cloud Compute, Microsoft Azure, Google Kubernetes Engine, Google Compute Engine Docker, and Bitnami Stacksmith.
The solution is also compatible with 50+ popular open source applications like Drupal, SugarCRM, Joomla!, Alfresco, JasperServer, and Redmine.
The Pros of Bitnami for WordPress
Bitnami can automate WordPress, which lowers the barrier to adoption so the developers can easily package, distribute, and maintain applications in virtually all formats.
The list below shows the other notable benefits of Bitnami WordPress stack:
- It allows a great deal of flexibility and customization through a vast selection of extensions, themes, and plugins.
- Bitnami includes the latest WordPress version, so the latter is ready to run and is fully configured.
- The process remains the same regardless of whether the developer uses Mac, Windows, or Linux.
- Amazon powers Bitnami Cloud Hosting, making it a reliable hosting solution.
- It allows you to launch applications to the cloud with a single click.
- Its cloud hosting service allows you to run every Bitnami package; this means automatic configuration, restoration, and monitoring.
- You can manage Amazon Web Services accounts from one dashboard.
- You get to enjoy a fully configured, ready-to-run development environment such as JAVA, Memcached, Git, Nginx, Ruby, Django, Apache, Perl, MySQL, PHP, SQLite, Tomcat, and Subversion.
- You can run multiple applications on a single server without having to break the bank; this is possible because Bitnami allows you to share the resources of a bigge machine between apps.
- It comes with a complete restoration feature that gives you a ready-to-run copy of your data and other customizations of your server. In addition, its cloud hosting conducts automatic “complete” backups, which are incremental snapshots of the server.
- Bitnami enables you to schedule specific times for your server to turn on and off automatically.
- The solution can serve as a practice solution for beginners who have not yet bought their own hosting space.
A Word of Caution
If your WordPress site experiences sudden spikes in traffic, you might encounter problems with speed and scalability. To address these issues, you may want to set up Amazon EC2 and install Nginx and WordPress.
But take note that a myriad of factors can cause slowness, so you might want to do these quick checks first.
- Disable all your plugins and then check the speed using GTMetrix or Pingdom.
- If you want to improve your site loading speed further, i.e., the web page appears instantaneously, you may want to use AMP.