There is an infinite amount of websites on the Internet today, and while some websites are well crafted and maintained and others are not, there is a step-by-step process everyone uses that serves as the basic formula for what it takes to build a website. So even if you have never created anything online before, once you understand the basics of website building and are connected with the right web designer, you will be on your way to creating a unique website for your business!
Let’s take a look at the basic necessary ingredients for building a website:
- Get a domain name:
A domain name is the digital address of your website-basically the name of your website. For example, our domain name for LOJO is, lojomarketing.com. To obtain a domain name, you will more often than not pay a small annual fee after choosing and registering your domain name with a domain provider.
- Be sure to register with a reputable domain provider such as LOJO!
- Once you know what domain name you want, purchase it immediately because it could be unavailable the next day.
- Choose designer to design your website:
- You can certainly use a website building software to build a website. But most of the time, you will not achieve a professional look without the help of an actual designer.
- LOJO for example, has in-house designers that use their extensive knowledge to build websites that are professional, good looking, and tailored to your specific needs.
- Choose a hosting provider:
- A website hosting provider is a service that stores your website and it’s content, so that it can be accessed live. In other words, Google fetches your website from the web host after something is typed into the search field.
- There are a few different types of hosting services available, and it’s best to research the options before you decide on paying for one.
- LOJO offers hosting services to all of our clients. Take a look at all of our different plans.
- Sign up for a business email:
As a contact method, you will more than likely want to use a business email address to pose of your site so visitors have a way to reach you. It’s important to have an online marketing company that can also help you create/maintain a business email account. You don’t want to use your personal email account for a number of reasons, but primarily because it gives off the wrong impression to use your personal email on a business website.
- You get free emails when you sign up for a LOJO Hosting plan!
- Design your Logo:
When it comes to branding your business online, you need to have a recognizable logo that resonates with your audience and represents your company in a unique way.
- Choose a marketing team like LOJO with graphic design experience: If you need a truly customizable logo, it’s usually a smart investment to hire a graphic designer.
Why not leave all of this to a professional web design team that has experience with all of the items listed above?
Because even though it is possible to design your own website and launch it successfully, there are a number of nuances that first-time website builders aren’t aware of. For example, you run the risk of wasting time and money on a website building service with tools that you don’t know how to take advantage of simply because you don’t have that type of experience, and your website suffers as a result. From certified web design and branding, to hosting and print media, our LOJO Inbound Marketing team is here to serve all your website building needs!
Written by Cassandra Sohn