You could be losing traffic due to missing elements in your website; find out what those elements are and make sure your website is up to par!
Have you ever visited a website looking for specific information about a company or a product, only to be disappointed when you can’t find what you’re looking for and ultimately leave the page? If you’re a business owner and this is a reoccurring theme for visitors to your website, you are very likely losing traffic by the day.
What drives people to leave a site so quickly after having landed on it? It’s often something as simple as not having the right contact information available for a visitor to find that makes them click elsewhere. The bottom line is this: there are crucial components that a traffic-generating website has that you could be missing from your website right now. But fear not, because we’ve made it easy for you to fix those potential problems by putting together a simple list of 5 things your website is missing, so check out the list below and get started with improving your website today!
- Contact Info: We mentioned it earlier but that’s only because we can’t overstate how important it is to have your company’s correct contact information easily accessible on the homepage of your website. It’s also recommended to have page devoted specifically to more detailed contact information, but since your homepage is often the first time people will encounter your page, having that contact information clearly visible is vital for maintaining a steady traffic flow.
- Social Media Components: If you aren’t engaging in some form of social media than not only is your website losing traffic, but your business is losing customers as well. And social media is all about quality, not quantity so don’t make the mistake of assuming you need to be engaged on every single platform; rather, it’s a smart idea to have ways for visitors to access one or more of the social media outlets your business uses, be it Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram, on your website.
If you are not currently on any of these platforms, now is the time to think about doing so! Many businesses are surprised by how much traffic a website can generate after strategically engaging on their social media accounts.
- An ‘About Us’ Page: Yes, people still do indeed read those pages on websites, and for good reason too; an ‘About Us’ page gives visitors and potential customers a way to get to know more about your business and it’s history, thus giving them all the more opportunity to have a way of connecting to your brand.
- Reviews/testimonials from past or current clients: Sometimes it’s okay to brag, or at least have your customers do it for you. When considering whether or not to do business with a company, many consumers want to see what their previous customers have had to say through reviews and testimonials made available on their website. Believe it or not, you really could be losing traffic due to something as minor as not having enough testimonials from previous clients indicating how satisfied they were with you and your company.
- Call to action: In addition to providing the greatest potential for leads, Calls to Action are key when it comes to generating traffic for your website. The Call to Action of a site or page is where you have the opportunity to collect contact information from the visitor in exchange for some type of offer, say a free eBook download or other valuable offer, thus giving you the opportunity to connect with them in the future. Calls to Action are both directly and indirectly related to traffic (or the lack of it), and missing even one chance at a Call to Action is a big missed opportunity.