Web design has evolved into an important element in increasing conversions for your business. Gone were the days of blinking, rolling texts, colorful backgrounds, and even audio playing in the background. Nowadays, web designers have put away those practices, and have leveled up the game with professional website designs.
As a premier web design company, LOJO Sacramento has continuously changed their game plan in order to meet the demands of our clients. Along the way, we have created some practices that we apply on our projects; and now, we’re going to share our best practices in creating a website that yields high conversion rates:
- Never forget the fundamentals. Here at LOJO Sacramento, we take web design seriously. Instead of focusing on where to place anything and everything, we’d rather tackle the infamous blunder of all time — type design. Most websites present their content in textual form; thus, a fundamental type design is a must in working out a web design plan. You don’t simply select a newspaper type design or bold anything that looks like it’s important. In web design, we follow simple rules in devising our plans for our client’s type design:
- Titles, whether of articles or pages, should be: bold, concise but catchy, and easy to the eyes to deliver the information readily. This as well entices the readers to read on the article as their brains have processed the titles with ease.
- In designing an article page, make sure to use a font type such as a serif typeface. Increase the size of your font so your readers don’t have to squint their eyes to read it. It is recommended to start with 16px. Lines shouldn’t be too long; the article shouldn’t sweep across the monitor. Ease the article into a format that will make it easier for the reader to read downwards; as much as possible, don’t design a page that will make your eyes sweep from side to side as it may tire your eyes, hence reducing readability on your audience’s part.
- Marry a font style. But before you marry one, assure yourself that the font style speaks for you and your company. If you’re selling children’s toys while using a boring, serious font, then it can ruin your image. As Helvetica made it into the limelight, there are other choices of font styles such as Merriweather Sans and Proxima Nova. Stick to it. If possible, develop uniformity across your web design to enhance familiarity with your readers.
- Three’s a great crowd. They say three’s a crowd, but we’re taking this on a brighter side. Simply sit down with your client, assess his needs, the company, its logo, and you’re done. All you’ve got to do is present a three-color palette that can complement with their logo. If they don’t have a logo yet, help your client envision his or her own company logo. Pick up from there, and stick with those three colors. You can interchange those colors at any given time. Remember that consistency also plays a great part in pursuing high conversion rates, so be observant on the most appropriate mix of colors that will go well on the site.
- Let them see the clear picture. Literally. With all the buzz on high definition, your website should provide clear images as well. Upload the right size of the image, or better yet provide a high-resolution photo of the product to improve sales conversion. In eCommerce web designing, images say it all. It passes the final judgment in making potential customers click that buy button. Before they purchase something from your client’s website, they would like to have an idea on what to expect upon purchase. A clear, non-pixelated photo can boost conversion rates, definitely.
- We all need space. If there’s time for work, then there’s time for rest. While traditional newspapers don’t allow white spaces, there’s no harm in leaving some breathing space for your content. A crowded page that’s chock full of text and images will pull your conversion rates down. As suggested earlier, proper placement and format is imperative in maintaining a clean web design for your client. Most minimalist web designs done by LOJO Sacramento reaped benefits with minding their own personal space. People don’t want to be overwhelmed with text and photos, so leave some margins or learn to use that “Enter” button on your keyboard whenever you’re posting an article.
LOJO Sacramento Web Design Company is dedicated to bring out the potential of your business, online or offline. Conversion rates may take some time to develop, as it should be considered as a long-term investment rather than a one time, big time deal. Web design is all about trial and error; you cannot plan a design overnight find individual coaching. These tips will surely help you in deciding what is right for your client’s business site. The key to web design is consistency to induce brand association that can potentially boost your conversion rates.