Today, most companies have a place on the World Wide Web where they can advertise and even sell a product or service.
As a small business, your website is the most important part of your business operations. Your website is the home of your company; clients will visit and stay if you have made the right marketing and branding efforts. One flaw may turn away a valuable potential customer.
Hiring the right Sacramento web design company can help you avoid some of the most common problems, but in the end it is up to you to listen to the expertise of the professionals you have hired or to make mistakes that can cost you revenue.
Here are some of the most commonly made mistakes by small business owners who are working on their business’ website.
- It’s easy to tell your web designer that you want your website to target everyone, but unfortunately that is not an option. Forgetting to point out your target audience for the sake of saving time can lead to a website that it not very successful. Talk to your Sacramento web design company about your target audience and how they can help you reach it. Attempting to target everyone or forgetting to point out a specific target market can cause you thousands of dollars, focus on what you think your target market will like and on what will give them the best possible experience.
- Sometimes, the simpler designs are the most effective for marketing strategies. Over designing your website will ensure your potential customers spend very little time on it. Make your site attractive, easy to navigate and don’t overwhelm them with too many functionalities.
- Paying for a cheap design will get you a cheap looking site. On the other end of the spectrum, working with a Sacramento web design company that only caters to big brands can leave you with no money and an inadequate site for a small business. When thinking about hiring a Sacramento web design company, do your research, hire a company that works with small business. The team at LOJO has years of experience working with small and medium sized business, we know what it takes to design a website for a business that is just starting out. We can help you build your audience with a responsible and market targeting design.
- An effective website contains the latest information about your company and products or service you offer. Appealing and updated content is important as your customers may assume you’re no longer in business or worse, you’re not innovative enough to get ahead of the competition. Updating your content periodically is important.
- The DIY trend has become very big in the last year. People all over are finding new ways to make their own shampoo and sew their own clothes, but making your own website should be left to the professionals. Though it can save you a lot of money, a DIY site can drive customers away.
- 75% of smartphone Internet users prefer a mobile friendly site but not all businesses provide their customers with the mobile website experience. You may want to conduct some research to find out what percentage of your daily visitors access your site via mobile device. If you find that the percentage of visitors accessing your site via mobile device is larger than percentage of those accessing your site via desktop, a website compatible to mobile devices might be something you should really consider.
Avoid these commonly made mistakes and you will have a great website that attracts clients and keeps them coming back. First impressions matter, especially when it comes to your business. Don’t let your customers make assumptions about your business because of the way your website looks. Contact a professional Sacramento web designer that will help you create the perfect website for your business!