Facebook has become one of the best social media platforms to help promote your small business. But you might not be taking full advantage of this free advertising tool. Using Facebook as a free Sacramento marketing platform can benefit your business, but not if you’re making some of these common mistakes:
- Too often we see business Facebook profiles that have not been completed. When you set up your Facebook business page it is very important that you fill out all the information it requires. Add a profile picture and cover photo. Don’t forget to add your business description, address, website URL and other important contact information. Your audience becomes less interested if they find your Facebook page and they can’t find a link to your website, or the physical address of your business. The best Sacramento Marketing techniques include providing your clients with all they need to contact you and do business with you.
- When you first start a business Facebook page, you will get a generic URL to your Facebook page that includes a sequence of numbers. This URL is not very user friendly and should be changed after you finish your profile. Head over to your settings and change the URL to something more personalized and related to your business such as your business name.
- Too many times we come across Facebook pages with boring cover images. Your cover photo should highlight what is different and exciting about your business. Get a nice picture that reflects the company’s culture and add it as your cover photo. Great Sacramento marketing techniques include getting rid of the picture of your building as the cover photo and adding some life to attract “Likes” and buys.
- When picking out a profile picture for your business Facebook page, keep in mind how the image will look as a thumbnail. Thumbnail images are the lifeblood of your Facebook page. Most of the interaction that your business will have on Facebook will be via users’ news stream and your thumbnail image will be front and center. Use an image that is easily recognizable by those who like your page. You may want to consider creating a specific piece of art logo that is only for Facebook use.
- We know that you have a lot of information to share with your clients. But unfortunately, the text doesn’t grab your audiences’ attention like graphics do. If you want your Facebook posts to be engaging, opt for more graphics and less text. Sacramento Marketing Company, LOJO Group knows that it can be hard to hold off on sharing all this wonderful information about your company with your client, but a quick look at your insights will tell you that audiences respond better to graphics.
- The worst Sacramento marketing mistake small business owners make when it comes to Facebook is not posting consistently. Not posting with enough frequency affects your Facebook Edge rank. Your edge rank is how Facebook determines how relevant your content is, thus, how high your posts will show in a user’s news stream. We recommend posting at least 3 times a week. Set a goal and be consistent. If you don’t have time to post 3 times during a week, schedule your posts at the beginning of the week.
Sacramento Marketing can be a difficult task, especially when you have so many different social media platforms that you can use to your advantage. There is so much work to be done in order to get your company to the top, so why not leave the hard work to a Sacramento marketing company that has the best marketing staff ready to help you meet your marketing goals? Give LOJO a call today to find out how we can help you!