As a professional web design company, those of us here at LOJO have heard our fair share of horror stories about clients who have had terrible experiences with their previous web designer. Whether it be clients who went with the cheapest option they could find online only to receive about half of what they thought they were paying for, a business who trusted an old college friend to build them a website and is still disappointed months later with no product, or a client who hired what they believed to be a reliable Rocklin web design company, when in reality they were scammed by a guy working out of his garage who had no real experience. The list goes on and on…
Not all web designers are created equal
And with the overwhelming number of web designers out there, while indicative of the demand for the industry, it can be difficult for you and your business to find and hire a truly reliable, Rocklin web design company. Moreover, since not all web designers offer the same experience, services, and ability to adapt to new technologies and methods, finding a professional company with a reputation of reliability and quality web design expertise can be tricky.
So just how do you navigate through all of the options to find a reliable Rocklin web design company and help your business avoid becoming a web design horror story? Here are some pointers for how to find the right professional web design company!
- Find a web design that fits your goals and meets all your needs before you commit to them: Knowing exactly what you want from a web design company based on what your business’s online marketing needs are is key to finding the right company for you.
- Identify which web design services your business will benefit from the most: Unlike an amateur web designer working out of his garage or a cheap online web building service, a reliable Rocklin web design company will have experience working with multiple industries and hosting platforms. Hire a web designer who has experience with the services and platforms your business will benefit from.
- Take time to figure out your budget and exactly what a potential web designer would charge for which services: there is a range of prices you can expect to pay a web designer based upon what services are required for the product you want to create, since building a website requires a team of coders, designers, marketers,who work together to create your unique website. A reliable web designer will tell you up front and in detail what they charge and what you can expect from them as their valuable client.
- Know what you’re paying for: there’s nothing worse than paying up front for a developer to design you a site that launches late and costs you more money in the long run; make certain that you know exactly what you’re going to be paying for and how your deadlines will be met.
- Your web designer should be eager to communicate with you: The ability and desire to communicate with clients and potential clients is a sign of a reliable Rocklin web design company, so pay attention to those first impressions because the way a web designer communicates with you is key to identifying if they are the ideal designer for you.
Written by Cassandra Sohn