We compiled the list of tips on creating appealing Instagram feeds for your business.
With around 200 million active users who visit at least one business account daily, Instagram’s broad reach makes it one of the most powerful social media platforms if your goal is to reach your target audience. But due to its popularity, which inevitably leads to market saturation, you have cut through the “white noise.”
The longer your audience stays on your Instagram feed, the easier it is for you to solidify your brand awareness and name recall. But to reap these benefits, you must create an Instagram feed that reflects your company’s core values. Simply put, everything should be consistent with your brand.
Below are the tips you must keep in mind to create brand-consistent and appealing Instagram feeds:
Create a Theme that Goes with Your Brand
Instagram is a highly visual platform, so make sure you stick to a consistent theme that helps you stand out from the competition. Think of an Instagram theme as the visual personality of your brand.
To come up with a theme that reflects your brand and appeals to your audience, ask these questions:
Define Your Grid Layout
A grid layout is the overall look of your Instagram feed based on each square on the grid. Again, consistent design, color combo, and other visual elements are important to make your brand easily recognizable by your target audience.
Meanwhile, you can choose from different grid layouts, ranging from tiles and rainbows to puzzles and borders.
Here is a guideline to create a catchy, brand-consistent Instagram feed:
Mix Up Different IG Features
It’s advisable to mix up different IG features to increase your engagement rate with your followers, and ultimately, generate more sales.
These are the IG features that can help you increase your user engagement rates.
Use High-Quality Images and Videos
To create high-quality images and videos, you must follow the tips mentioned below:
- Choose a subject that appeals to your followers; avoid generic “stock” photos and images that have nothing to do with your brand or nature of business.
- To come up with well-composed shots, follow the rule of thirds, which is a composition guideline that puts the subject in the left or right third of the screen, leaving the other two-thirds “open.”
- As much as possible, use natural light to make the video or image easier to edit and filter.
- If you use your phone to take pictures, utilize your back camera and not the photo-editing app.
Use a Consistent Color Scheme and Filter
Using the same color scheme and filter is a foolproof way to achieve a consistent Instagram theme that makes your IG account look professional and well-composed.
To choose your color scheme, consider the shades your company has already been using. Again, you want to make your IG feed consistent with your brand.
Another key recommendation is to limit your color scheme to three hues, making it easy to achieve a consistent look.
Remember, the three-color “rule” naturally draws the viewer’s eye and makes your brand easily recognizable from the competitors.
Meanwhile, a straightforward way to create a consistent color scheme is to use filters and other photo editing apps.
Additional Tips to Make Your Instagram Feed More Appealing
Set Up Your Profile Properly
A recent Statista report showed that around 71% of US businesses use Instagram to reach their target audience. However, just being on this platform is not enough to help you grow your customer base.
Remember, just as your website should be easy to navigate, your Instagram must also be user-friendly.
Here is a list of ways to enhance your Instagram’s buyer journey:
- Have a profile picture that matches your business. You can also use your logo, image, or any visual representation of your brand.
- To make your business searchable, use the same username for all your social media accounts. But for the Instagram name, make sure that you include keywords that reflect your product or service. For example: username: @Lojomarketing – name: Digital Marketing & AD Agency.
- Complete your bio with relevant information, which includes a brief description of your business, operating hours, slogan, business address, etc.
- If you have a brick-and-mortar store, include your business address and the link to your website.
- Use call-to-action buttons.
- Save your best stories and turn them into your “highlights.” Additionally, include a relevant cover and name.
Don't Forget About Captions in Your Photos and Videos
Captions can encourage followers to comment, like, and even visit your website. Also, they allow deaf and hard of hearing users access videos and let users watch your content in noisy environments.
There are several ways to write catchy captions.
- Use emojis to show your mood or personality.
- Always mention the most important information first.
- Include relevant hashtags.
- Always include a call to action.
- Use questions to encourage user engagement.
- Tell a story about your brand.
- Use the symbol “@” to make your caption searchable.
Use Instagram Tools to Reach More People
A 2020 report conducted by Hootsuite revealed that in the US alone, Instagram has 140 million active users who can be turned into actual customers thanks to IG tools such as the segmented hashtags and the alt-text on image posts.
Another critical tool at your disposal is the Facebook Creator Studio, which allows you to measure, manage, and monetize your content across all your Instagram and FB Pages.
Creating appealing Instagram Feed: Key Takeaways
If you want to take your Instagram to a whole new level, ensure that your IG content reflects your brand and only post customer-centric and valuable content. Or better yet, work with a reputable digital marketing agency that can manage your social media platforms, allowing you to focus on the most critical aspect of your business–growth.
Call us at (916) 303-408 and schedule a free consultation with LOJO Marketing’s chief inbound marketing expert Stephen.