A corporate branding package includes a number of items designed to make a statement or an impression, with the goal to differentiate you from other brands, as well as other players within your industry or your space.
Have you ever seen a picture of a product and known what it was even before seeing the actual name of that product? How many times have you purchased a certain item simply because you recognize the logo? Have you ever tried a NEW product because you thought the packaging was inviting? Have you ever NOT tried something new because the logo or packaging was confusing or uninviting?
These questions illustrate just how important “branding” is to a company. It can literally make or break it for some businesses.
Your corporate branding package will almost certainly involve your organization’s logo, some branded business cards and stationery, perhaps even some personal effects (such as lanyards and uniforms), as well as a plethora of other inclusions.
A Quick Review of Branding
What’s the first impression that your business makes on a new or potential customer? Have you ever thought about what that customer associates your business with or how they will remember you in the future when they want to do business with your company?
The answers to these two questions have a lot to do with what is known as business branding.
Branding was once defined as a name, slogan, sign, symbol or design, or a combination of these elements that identify products or services that a company has to offer. Now if you’re new to the whole concept of branding, simply think of a brand as your company’s reputation or the way that people recognize your business and what they associate it with.
Even the smallest of businesses in the most niche of markets can successfully use business branding packages to their benefit!
There are certain objectives that a good brand should achieve. A few of these objectives are that your brand should:
- Clearly deliver the message of what your business or product is
- Confirm your credibility as a business owner
- Emotionally connect your target prospects with your product and or service
- Motivate the buyer to buy your product or products
- Create user loyalty
Today, branding is a bit more complex, but even more important when it comes to marketing.
It’s a common misconception that a brand is basically just a company’s logo and not much else, but after reading this introductory article to branding packages you understand now that a brand is much more comprehensive than just simply a logo.
Once your company has firmly established a brand with the help of a digital marketing agency and a business brand package, you will begin to see the pay off in your overall company name recognition and business reputation!
Keep in mind: branding is not only about getting your target market to select you over the competition, but about getting your prospects to see you as the sole provider of a solution to their problem or need, and to keep them coming back for more.
What Exactly Is Included in a Corporate Branding Package?
LOJO recommends that all of our clients should have a basic corporate branding package. This covers your logo, business cards, letterhead, and a branding standards document.
At some point you will be handing out business cards and if you are giving them out blank, how will possible clients know who you are, or even remember you?
Having a personalized logo on your business cards will start making your business memorable to clients, customers, and potential prospects.
Any means by which the general public comes into contact with your specific brand is considered an asset that can affect how individuals feel about your corporate brand.
Corporate Branding is the best way to describe the integration of your brand materials. You will need to maintain a cohesive brand and a unified look and feel in your business. This cohesiveness is what will help make your brand noticeable and keep your customers coming back time and time again.
Your customers will notice a difference when you have this uniformity. They will be able to know for certain that a product is yours based on your consistency of using the same branding logo on all your products.
Another great upside is that your employees will have more pride in being a part of your business. They will feel the dedication to your brand, and you will see an increase in productivity from this uniformity! Who doesn’t want more of that?
A personalized Logo, Business cards, and letterhead are just the tip of the iceberg for what is available to you for promoting your brand. A few other assets could be:
- Logo Design
- Branding Standards Document
- Business Cards
- Folder Design
- 8.5×11 or 11×17 Folded Brochure
- One Sheet Flyer
- Custom Email Template
- Custom Landing Page
When you start handing out those business cards, writing and mailing those thank you notes, passing out flyers or getting traffic flow to your website, you want to have all of these facets showing the same consistent logo so there is NO question that this is your business!
The consistency of your brand is key!
How is Corporate Branding Different From Regular Branding?
Now that we have a grasp on how important “Branding” is for your business, lets talk about “Corporate Branding.” Corporate Branding is not simply creating a company name or designing just one logo. Corporate Branding refers to the practice of promoting your brand name and logo as a corporate unit, as opposed to specific products or services that you provide. Corporate Branding can incorporate multiple assets for your company.
Why Does Your Business Needs a Corporate Branding Package?
You want to creates a succinct message across your company’s various representations
Whether on your website, your social media postings, or your logo design, a business brand package allows you to communicate a unified message with every interaction your business has.
Eventually, your business will become synonymous with the meaning and story behind your brand, which makes the people in your community want to do business with you!
(Just think about how you prefer doing business with a company you can connect to, or at least know a little something about, over a company with no background story or recognizable branding)
You want to add value to your business
People really are willing to pay more for a branded product rather than an unbranded one, and there are a few different marketing reasons why this is the case, but for the sake of time let’s focus on the primary reason for trust.
If a customer is trying to choose between your product or service and that of another company, your brand can make all the difference in whether or not your company is chosen.
Simply by applying the values and attributes of your business brand packaging (i.e., your brand strategy), your business can grow in ways that were not necessarily available without brand recognition.
You want to stand out among competitors and work on building your reputation
Once you have invested the time in creating a branding package for your business, you will have a far greater chance at being recognized amongst the competition.
What’s even more important still, is that a branding package that is consistently applied to an entire company has the potential to transform that company’s reputation throughout the greater business community.
Is It Time to Rebrand your Business?
Whether you have been working with the same brand for your business since you started or are currently working on building one now, your brand should never be stagnant or lack evolution. Just as your business and your reputation continue to grow as you gain experience and expertise in your industry, your brand should also continue to evolve with your company
Rebranding doesn’t mean starting over–it’s all about improvement
If the idea of a rebrand sounds intimidating because you’re afraid of the risk or what it might take to successfully rebrand your business, let’s start by clearing up the basic misconception of what a rebrand is (and what it isn’t).
Remember that the fundamentals of a branding package consist of the following elements:
- Your branding package should convey what is special about your business and tells your story
- In addition, your branding package should also resonate with customers and the broader community in a positive way
- Finally, your branding package should make you recognizable, so that you stand out prominently among the competition
So if your brand is all about telling the story of what’s unique to your business, then shouldn’t that story always be evolving as you improve as a company?
This is where the concept of rebranding comes into play for businesses of every shape and size.
Now when assessing whether a rebrand is the right decision to make for your company, ask yourself the following questions;
- How much brand equity do I have as a business? In other words, how do customers and potential customers value your brand, and does this translate into an increased likelihood of them purchasing your product as a result?
- Does my brand promote market differentiation? Meaning, is your brand distinguishable from other brands and products in your market?
- Is my brand relevant and engaging to my audience? If your brand doesn’t resonate with the right people then no matter how excellent of a product or service you provide, your business won’t have the relevance or vitality that other successful business brands have.
- Do my customers feel a sense of emotional connectivity when they see or think of my brand? No matter how big or small your business is, when it comes down to it, your success as a company depends largely on how customers and potential customers feel about you and your brand. Even for the smallest of purchases, research indicates that consumers are more likely to do business with a company that they share values with, or can relate to on an emotional level.
After asking yourself the above questions and getting a better idea of how well your current brand is performing for your company, you now have a sense of which areas of your brand might need improvement.
And that’s exactly what rebranding is all about; identifying which aspects of your brand messaging require improvements and adjustments to keep your brand packaging in sync with not just your product and your company story, but the values and commitments of you and your employees as well.
Business Branding Packages from LOJO Marketing
Unless you’re a branding and marketing guru yourself, there’s no need to attempt to do a rebranding of your business all on your own.
For all of your business branding and rebranding needs, our friendly and experienced team at LOJO is happy to answer any questions you have. LOJO offers an incredible branding package to get you on your way while striving to make a lasting impression on your customers.
- Logos: Your Logo is the face of your business. It’s an entity that you want others to be able to see at a glance and know that that is your business. LOJO has a 7-step design process to work with you on perfecting your logo to your satisfaction. Be assured that we won’t stop working on your logo until it is everything you want it to be.
- Corporate Branding: This is essential in the eyes of your clients. This type of branding is your business cards, paper, envelopes, stationery, custom email template etc.. all types of material that will be sent to or come in contact with customers directly from you. Making sure that each item has your brand, or logo, is imperative! Having a consistent brand on all of these sources will make it easy for your customers to recognize you and your brand.
- Graphics: Supporting graphics are a way to take your brand to the next level. Graphics are also a way to add flair to billboards, banners and brochures. LOJO can help create custom iconography for your website to help you stand out from your competitors. If custom isn’t in your budget, we also have a library of stock images that can be used.
- Social Media: Having a strong Social Media brand presence is crucial these days. Handheld devices are pretty much in everyone’s hands. You have the capability to be seen by a much wider audience than ever before. Making sure that your brand is current and on all your Social Media platforms will help your company be recognized and remembered. LOJO can help with keeping your accounts updated and with content that is expected by your customers and clients.
- Other Branded Print Material: Print will forever be a part of your brand. Business cards, brochures and catalogs are not a thing of the past. There is still a sense of accomplishment when you are able to hand out a freshly printed business card to a potential customer or client. Brochures and catalogs are a great way to get images of designs or products to individuals. The same can be said about clever packaging, stickers and wrap-arounds, and other on-ground marketing materials. There is something unique about actually holding a tangible piece of your brand that electronic media will never be able to replace.
- Promotional Items and Branded Merchandise: Promoting your brand is a fun way to get your brand out into the world. Who doesn’t love mugs, grocery bags, pens, stress balls and free swag with company logos on them? These are subtle but very unique ways to get your brand into people’s home, cars, purses or desk drawers that you otherwise would not have been able to accomplish doing!
While each of these services is great on their own, having a branding package with most, or all of them together, is the best way to make sure that you are getting your companies name into the public as a recognizable corporate entity.
A Final Word About Corporate Branding Packages
A corporate branding package is the best way to make sure that your business is unified when represented in all the different ways that you present your company to the world.
If you would like more information or help with refining your branding strategy, we offer a FREE, no-obligation branding strategy consultation.
so please don’t hesitate to give us a call today!