Over the span of a few quick decades, we have witnessed how the rapid evolution of technology and the digital information age, as especially manifested by the innovation of the Internet, has forever changed the way we market our businesses and create our own brands.
Even more recently, we have seen how social networking platforms and other social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, for example, have made it possible for people and businesses alike to develop and expand their ideas and enterprises with unprecedented ease. Many of us, however, are not as familiar with the profound impact played by WordPress, the CMS platforms that allow individuals and businesses to create their own unique websites to promote their brand.
Why Choose WordPress for Your Business?
But what is it specifically about the WordPress software that makes it so much more appealing for users than the traditional website CMS? To answer this question, let’s take a look at a number of reasons why WordPress is superior to the traditional website CMS.
- Freedom to make edits and add content yourself: Unlike traditional websites which require you to go through the designer every time you want something added to your website, WordPress allows the user to learn how to make changes on their own with ease, thus saving you time and money!
- Increase in accessibility and speed in communication: You can easily make changes and updates to your website from any computers with a browser and Internet access, allowing you to keep your website as current as your needs require without the added hassle of being tied down to an administrator.
- Themed approach to the design layout allows for a unique and professional style for any website: Whether you want a consistent theme throughout your site, or want different themes for different pages, WordPress gives you the option of tailoring the theme approach to your objective.
- Manage when content appears on your website: WordPress gives you the ability to create a schedule for when you want content to post on your site, a feature that can dramatically improve your time management.
- Ability to create a fully functioning membership site with the use of additional plugins: For those businesses who need a membership feature, not only does WordPress make it possible, but it makes it simple too!
- Conducive to SEO: the code behind WordPress makes it ideal for being picked up by Google’s indexers, thus increasing the chances of your site being visited.
- Learning the ins and outs of WordPress, including editing content, posting pages, and images are easy: Unlike other CMS platforms that take dozens of hours to master, the learning curve, with WordPress users is very fast, and WordPress even offers additional help with all your questions through live chat and email support.
- Improved Security: With the proper WordPress installation set up by the right people, your website is guaranteed to be just as secure as a traditional website.
- Increase the scope of communication: The ability to have a two-way discussion on your WordPress website means that the increase in visitor comments will improve your site’s search positioning. Likewise, the comment feature allows for your to get a better understanding of what topics and ideas are of the most interest to your visitors, something that a traditional website would have to take multiple other steps to discern.
- Easy to use and install plugins: Also unlike traditional websites, which require everything to be programmed and customized, the WordPress plugin process takes a few, simple steps.
Written by Cassandra Sohn